Sunday, January 4, 2015

Inagural post

It is my hope that this blog will be helpful to the sort of armchair adventurer that loves sea stories. Because I live in Maine, I will be focusing on New England. Our area has a wealth of resources that should interest readers of nautical fiction. I will explore the various libraries, archives and museums in the area, as well as particular authors and titles. I will also try to keep readers updated about upcoming boat shows, museum exhibits, book signings and library events that are pertinent. I also plan to discuss the maritime holdings within the many archives throughout the region. There is a list of links on the blog for some maritime museums of interest. There is a nautical reader's guide link to a site I created as a class project and there is a list of my favorite top ten fiction and nonfiction titles to get the conversation going (my list would be different at various stages of my reading life, so nothing is written in stone).

No comments:

Post a Comment